By registering a name in the .eco top-level domain, the Registrant represents and warrants that it will not use that registration for any illegal purposes, including without limitation, to:
- Distribute malware or engage in malicious hacking, bot-netting, phishing, pharming, fast flux hosting, fraudulent or deceptive practices;
- Use, promote, encourage the promotion of, or distribute child abuse images or engage in the exploitation of minors in any way;
- Illegally sell or distribute pharmaceuticals;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity including, without limitation, counterfeiting, piracy or trademark or copyright infringement;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or submit information on behalf of any other person or entity, without their express prior written consent;
- Violate the privacy or publicity rights of any other person or entity;
- Promote or engage in any spam or other unsolicited bulk email;
- Distribute software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- Interfere with the operation of .eco or services offered by the Registry; or
- Otherwise engage in activity that is contrary to applicable laws or .eco Policies.
By registering a name in .eco:
- The Registrant represents and warrants that it has provided current, complete, and accurate information in connection with its registration, and that it will correct and update this information to ensure that it remains current, complete, and accurate throughout the term of any resulting registration. The Registrant's obligation to provide current, accurate, and complete information is a material element of its Registration Agreement, and the Registry reserves the right to immediately deny, cancel, terminate, suspend, lock, or transfer any registration if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the information is materially inaccurate;
- The Registrant agrees that if it is found by the Registry to be in breach of its Registration Agreement the Registry may cancel the relevant .eco domain name(s) after sixty (60) days' notice of such breach has elapsed and the cause of the breach identified by the Registry remains;
- The Registrant agrees to submit to proceedings commenced under the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”), the Uniform Rapid Suspension Service (“URS”), the Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy, the .eco Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policy and .eco Community Eligibility Dispute Resolution (CEDR). The Registrant further agrees to abide by the final outcome of any of those processes, subject to any appeal rights provided in those processes or the law, and releases the Registry, its affiliates and service providers from any and all direct or indirect liability associated with such dispute resolution processes.
By registering a name in .eco:
- The Registrant acknowledges and agrees to abide by all .eco Policies set forth on the .eco website at https://go.eco/policies/. The Registrant specifically acknowledges and agrees that the .eco Policies may be modified by the Registry, and agrees to comply with any such changes in the time period specified for compliance;
- The Registrant acknowledges and agrees that the Registry reserves the right to disqualify it or its agents from making or maintaining any Registrations or reservations in .eco if the Registrant is found to have repeatedly engaged in abusive registrations, in the Registry's sole discretion;
- The Registry reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any Registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its sole discretion if it reasonably concludes that the domain name is being used in a manner that appears to:
- conflict with .eco Policies including this Acceptable Use Policy,
- threaten the stability, integrity or security of .eco, the DNS or the global Internet, or any of its Registrar partners and/or
- put the safety and security of any Registrant or user at risk.
- The Registrant acknowledges and agrees that the Registry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any administrative and operational actions necessary, including the use of computer forensics and information security technological services, among other things, in order to implement this Acceptable Use Policy. In addition, the .eco Registry reserves the right for itself and for its affiliates, sub-contractors and other service providers to deny, cancel or transfer any Registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its sole discretion:
- to enforce .eco Policies, as amended from time to time;
- to protect the integrity and stability of the Registry, its operations, and .eco;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, holding, order, or decision issued by a court, administrative authority, or dispute resolution service provider with jurisdiction over the Registry or the Registrant;
- to establish, assert, or defend the legal rights of the Registry or a third party, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of the Registry as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, directors, representatives, employees, contractors, and stockholders;
- to respond to violations of this Policy;
- to correct mistakes made by the Registry or any Registrar in connection with a Registration or reservation; or
- as otherwise provided herein.
- The Registrant agrees to indemnify to the maximum extent permitted by law, defend and hold harmless the Registry, its affiliates and service providers, and each of their respective directors, owners, officers, employees, contractors, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or relating to the Registrant's use, operation, registration of any name and/or website in the .eco TLD.
- The Registry reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of its services, agreements, or this Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy does not give rise to any rights of compensation or claims against the Registry howsoever caused.
Victims of any breaches or infringements of this .eco Acceptable Use Policy are encouraged to contact the Registry with specific complaint(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org in order that the Registry may investigate the matter. The Registry does not guarantee a reply or that any action will be taken. If the Registry in its sole discretion finds that any of the terms herein have been breached then the Registry may suspend, lock or cancel the registration.
The Registry must take into account all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the jurisdictions where it operates. As such the Registry reserves the right to deny or cancel registrations based upon relevant sanctions, programs or standards administered and/or supported in other jurisdictions.
The Registry will respond to any reports from law enforcement and consumer protection agencies within 24 hours.