Start using your .eco domain in email and Google Workspace
Almost half a trillion emails were sent in 2017. How do you get noticed?
For business, trying to reach customers through this blizzard is a big problem. The volume of email means that organizations need every advantage they can find when it comes to standing out in someone’s inbox. Getting a customer’s attention is half the battle.
That’s why Eric Hudson, founder of Preserve, a company that designs household products from recycled materials, started using his .eco address when he reached out to customers and partners.
Since the company was founded in 1996, they’ve used www.preserveproducts.com as their domain name. But when preserve.eco was made available, Eric saw the advantages of using the name immediately.
Advantages of a custom domain:
- Preserve.eco elegantly represents the company brand.
- It’s sort and memorable.
- Customers know Preserve cares about the environment.
Because your email address is the first thing people see when you send them a note, it is your first impression in your digital communication. And good marketers know the value of a good first impression. Here’s how to replicate Eric’s strategy:
How to set up your .eco email address
Step 1: Find the perfect name
That just takes a second. You can use the .eco domain search tool to check real time availability or go to your favourite registrar and find the name there.
Step 2: Choose an email provider
There are lots of great email providers. Here are a few examples:
- ICloud Mail if you use Apple, Mac and iPhone.
- Gmail if you use Chrome and Android.
- Outlook Online if you work with Microsoft Platforms.
- Proton Mail if data security is a primary focus.
Step 3: Set up your signature
Make the most of your email address by setting up a signature file that appears at the foot of all your messages. You can also include a link to your eco profile that describes the things you’re doing to make the world a better place. Here are some tips:
A good email signature
- Is clean and consistent. Avoid using too many fonts, colours or graphics
- Is simple. Include only relevant information like your name, title, web address and phone number
- Connects. Offers the opportunity to learn more by linking to your social icons and .eco trust-mark
If you are interested in learning more about email signatures, the people behind the Propeller CRM have written a good tutorial. The Hubspot CRM also offers a free email signature building tool.
Step 4: Send Your First Email
Now that you’re certifiably eco friendly, you can begin sending out emails. Let us know how you make out. We’d love to feature you in our next blog post.More .eco news